Angus and Robert are right on the money. Run Mandrake as your first linux
experiance and youll never go back to winblows. I started on RH years ago and
stoped because of how hard it was to instal things. I finally tried again
with Mandrake 6.1 and it was great. Load and go preety much. I also found out
about webmin at the same time and that makes life alot easier. Now with
Mandrake 8.0 it comes with webmin. I do still haave some issues with mandrake
and smp and still love Slackware. Slackware is the sh!t for Linux IMHO Never
had one problem with it. I ran it for over a year nonstop as a webserver in a
large data center. Everything I ever tried to install went just like the
readmes or howtos explain. I found with Mandrake 6.1 updating to KDE2 was not
as easyu as with slackware. For what its worth try Mandrake 8.0 then when
your serious try Slackware or Debian. Now if your really brave try FreeBSD
:-)