I have problems with gcc crashing when compiling a new kernel, 2.2.19-19
precisely. This crash doesn't happen all the time on the same file, but always
after a little time. If I restart the compilation, it keeps going.
In the end, after restarting the compilation about 10 times I got a working
kernel (I am using it right now). But it does not give me any confidence to use
it in our servers.

gcc installed:
gcc-2.96-0.62mdk
gcc-c++-2.96-0.62mdk
gcc-cpp-2.96-0.62mdk
egcs-1.1.2-53mdk
egcs-c++-1.1.2-53mdk
egcs-cpp-1.1.2-53mdk

error message:
kgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 4
make[1]: *** [sys_i386.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.19/arch/i386/kernel'
make: *** [_dir_arch/i386/kernel] Error 2

(signal 4 is the illegal instruction signal).
Have anybody experienced the same problem? Any known issues?

Guillaume.