On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Rob wrote:
> Postgres (in my experience) has always been very stable and easy
> to learn and use. Probably the most so of all RDBMs I have used.
> I dont know what experience (or closed minded ?? viewpoint) Harold
> has to justify masocism in regard to postgres (maybee he used a very
> old version a long time ago - ?).

Postgres has been simple for me to use and configure. I had only minor
administration experience with databases previously (some Oracle), but
found Postgres easy to setup and use. This is not to say that MySQL was
difficult, only that I had initial problems with it and authentication
(it seems I had to add user IDs directly to the tables).

I'm using Postgres now as the backend to my library (about 2,000 books,
300 CDs). There was not as many pre-made scripts in PHP as there was for
MySQL, but I did find lots of examples in C and Perl.