»Rob« sagte am 2002-02-21 um 09:45:56 +0000 :
> Why do you despise Perl then ?

I simply do not like it.  For web applications, I find PHP *way* easier
(and with most setups: faster) to use.  Most of the time, there isn't
mod_perl available, so perl scripts cause a *HUGE* load on the server.

> Course I might be missing something re PHP, love to learn more if I am.

Well, in PHP you need to have the main modules compiled into PHP (or at
least as a module).  And then there's PEAR, which will be a CPAN alike.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]