Randy,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this!  I caught your message when
I was back scanning the threads.

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 19:38, you wrote:
> Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > If so you're probably exposed to every KDE component known to man.  ;)  I
> > think  KDE is great; well, let me restate that....I love the apps.  But
> > the desktop is a little too restrictive for my personal taste, so I run
> > pure Enlightenment (with NO gnome anything) and then enable KDE support
> > for the apps that I use from that desktop environment (Kmail, Kword, and
> > Kspreadsheet are good examples).  This makes for a light, fast and nimble
> > environment.
>
> Lyvim,
>
> Questions: Have you ever tried any of the dcop (or kdcop) stuff for
> interprocess communication among apps?  Does it work under
> Enlightenment?

Well, the only thing that I can say is that the dcop stuff is active,
definitely.  No doubt.  I can see the dcop links in my home directory are
valid when X and E are running.

Now...the real question would require a test between two applications, or
something similar.  The problem is that I never run KDE, so I don't know
wether my everyday operations include real interprocess communications
functions or not.  I'm still fascinated with transparent Eterms, and the
occasional MS Word document imports.  Well....of course then there's Baldur's
Gate 2, also.  Can you give me a test to run?  I use the middle button alot
to paste selections from other areas, but I don't think this is what you are
referring to.  What would constitute a valid test?

> Just for information, AbiWord is more than just a gtk app, it is
> distributed as gtk and non-gtk, and for Windows and several other
> platforms (not sure which -- they are working on Mac, they stopped
> working on Beos).
>
> Randy Kramer

Did you hear that BeOS has sued Microsoft?