On Tuesday 26 February 2002 12:32 pm, you wrote:

> > > Um...guys? there is a version of Mandrake that came out for the 486. It
> > > was released as Mandrake 7.0 about a year or so ago.
> >
> > Sure. i have it, but it's -- 7.0 --
> >
> > --
> > Hoyt
>
> well....yeah.... but if all you've got is a 486 at least it's Mandrake. I
> don't know if I could ever go back to anything earlier then 8.1 since I've
> been using it.

My suggestion would be for Mandrake to compile it and offer it only through
the Mandrake Store or ccccClub for $10 and find some way (even voluntarily)
to keep it off ftp servers. I'd pay the $$ to support Mandrake and get a
distro of that quality that will work on a 486.

--
Hoyt

http://www.maximumhoyt.com