On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:09:14 +1300
Tom Eastman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:37:57PM -0500, Hoyt wrote:
> > Sure. i have it, but it's -- 7.0 --
>
> But to be honest, most of the really impressive advances that have
> happened since 7.0 have been in KDE/GNOME/other graphical interfaces and
> stuff like that.  Most of the stuff that a 486 doesn't have the power to
> use effectively anyway.
>
> IMHO (emphasis on the H) 7.0 would probably work well, and then couldn't
> you upgrade from there using SRPMS?
>
> Have there been many kernel advances since 7.0 that would make it
> worthwhile on a 486 (by that I mean, not just driver advances for new
> equipment that a 486 won't have anyway)?
>
>       Tom

Tom,

one big advance since the 7.0 days that comes to mind would be iptables. I
personally wouldn't know what to do without them anymore.--
daRcmaTTeR
Registered Linux User 182496
  9:05pm  up 7 days, 13:41,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.00