On Monday 11 March 2002 03:22 pm, you wrote:
> I downloaded all the updates (security and otherwise) in RPM form and
> burned them to CDROM.  I was wondering if I could use the software
> updates app to update my installation of Mandrake 8.1 from that
> CDROM?
>
> Thanks!
> Robert

Robert, I would think that you should be able to do that. You might
need to add that drive into the update database since it looks for the
three disks that came with Mandrake, but I could be in error there. Did
you just FTP the files? I couldn't get the Mandrake Update program to
obey me. It would say there was something wrong with every single
update I tired to download and install. Is that what caused you to
download the stuff and burn a CD?

--
Jonathan Dlouhy
Sunday, March 10, 2002
We should develop anti-satellite weapons because we could not have
 prevailed without them in `Red Storm Rising'. -- Senator Dan Quayle,
 9/6/88 (reported in Esquire, 8/92) Also reported by Newsweek,9/88
Registered Linux user #264482