Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:22:11 -0500
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>I downloaded all the updates (security and otherwise) in RPM form and burned them to
>CDROM.  I was wondering if I could use the software updates app to update my
>installation of Mandrake 8.1 from that CDROM?
>>

> Afraid not.
> Your cd will not contain an hdlist which is what is scanned to get the contents of
>the cd.
>
> But you do not need to do it that way.
> If you are fairly sure that you will have no unsatisfied depends and/or conflicts
>then: mount /mnt/cdrom
> and: cd /mnt/cdrom or the directory if you created such on the cdrom.
> Then do: rpm -Uvh *rpm
> This will install all the rpms on the cdrom.
>

>    Charles

You can still do it the command line fashion even if there are
dependency issues. Just test for them before attemting to do the upgrade.

                rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm

--
Mark

"I suppose I should have a pithy saying here..."
"The brain reports all neurons busy processing sub-routines
are currently occupied. Retry your query in five minutes."