Darren King wrote:

> Felix Miata wrote:

> > I currently have four machines with AMD chips and one (486) with Intel.
> > If I had to buy a motherboard today, it would probably be one that uses
> > an Intel CPU. Most AMD motherboards use performance crippled VIA
> > chipsets. How good the CPU is matters little when the primary bottleneck
> > is the I/O bus.

> Wow...that's a can of worms!  I have a new AMD system that kicks
> ass...sorry guys, it's my xp machine (gotta play games!).  Maybe you're
> referring to the KT266 chipset.  The newer KT266A chipset addressed
> those issues and has been found to been really quick.  My Athlon XP
> 1700+ based system is very, very fast (Epox 8KHA+ mobo).

> IMHO, via has been making great chipset for ages.

I don't think so. I found the article that lead to my comment:
http://www.tecchannel.de/hardware/817/index.html
--
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that
love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.members.atlantic.net/