On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 16:31, Michael Holt wrote:

> Mandrake has released 8.2 with quite a few bugs, you may be one of the
> lucky few who are using a combination of the right hardware / not using a
> lot of the software packages available.  Please, no flames, I'm not
> working for mickeysoft, it's just the facts.  I'm not going to even touch
> 8.2 until I'm sure that enough errata are addressed.

OK.  No flames here...but I am kind of fuzzy on one or two points.  One
thing is that since you've stated that you haven't loaded 8.2 as yet,
where exactly are you getting the information that it was released "with
quite a few bugs?"  "Facts".....from where?

Got url?

The reason I'm asking is that I just finished speaking with yet even
more chatters on the #mandrake channel and they are not substantiating
this view.  One fellow had just completed an install with no problems.
Another had had the distro running for a few days and was quite
pleased.  This all seperate examples from the last time I checked.  Oh
yeah.....I'm monitoring this shit REAL close.

So pardon me...but given the fact that there's M$ cloak-and-dagger
asassins about plus several billion dollars of bribe money burning a
hole in Be-Gay's pocket AND a M$ antitrust DOJ trial in progress, I'm
REAL REAL skeptical of ANY bad press on LM82 right now.

> Mike
>
> --
> Michael & Tracy Holt
> Kirkland, WA                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.holt-tech.net                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Unix is all about taking big rocks and turning them into little rocks -
> Windows is all about taking sand... and dumping it in your gas tank...

Regards,

LX