On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 00:20, Terry Mathews wrote:
> > > overclocked to 964 mhz.  If you've got more URL's backing up what you
> >
> > I don't overclock anything. I want bulletproof.
> Overclocked does not mean not stable. I've got a 1.4/266 T-Bird that runs
> stable at 1.52GHz @ 143MHz bus. That means that my RAM is oced to 143MHz,
> and running at CAS2 to boot. I have no, I repeat no, hardware glitches. Not
> under Win98, not under Win2k, not under Linux. If you do not want to take
> your chances and try overclocking your processor there are companies on the
> web that sell pre-tested overclocked processors. They run them for days
> straight using Prime95, so I would hazard a guess that they are stable. :-)

That's impressive work, Terry. 143 mhz on the FSB is nothing to sneeze
at for a T-bird.  I've had trials and tribulations just getting 108 mhz
on the FSB.  But then again I've got a cheaper OEM grade t-bird instead
of a retail boxed version.  I've regretted that decision; the next
Athlon processor I get will be a retail boxed XP.

CAS2 at 143 mhz is impressive too.  What brand and model # memory did
you decide on?  I got some hand picked Mushkin memory modules rated at
CAS2 also, but I havent explored any memory roundups lately. It'd be
interesting to know what you're running.

Cheers,

LX