On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 00:56, Felix Miata wrote:

> > > Games garbage. My computers aren't toys. It'll be a while before I can
> > > afford yet another new memory type the way they've been changing so fast
> > > lately and keeping prices up.
>
> > Since when is increased memory bandwidth "games garbage"? Especially under
> > Linux, I can think of many programs that would benifit from increased RAM
> > bandwidth. X-Windows being one...
>
> All the graphs on the provided URL were about Quake performance. Games
> are mostly about windoze video, which has little to do with real work.

Hate to ring your reality bell here, Felix.  But you're wrong, simply
because you did not take the time to review the entire page.  The OpenGL
graphs were merely the FIRST in a line of benches on that page.  The
rest of the graphs had links at the bottom and they included Direct3d,
Audio/Video, Synthetic class benches, and finally Application
benchmarks.  It was only by accident that the OpenGL benches were the
first in the series.  I put you at the beginning of the performance
section for you own convenience; but now I convenience you even further
by interpreting the web page for you.