Yesterday... Lyvim Xaphir ran for the door shrieking:

>> Mandrake has released 8.2 with quite a few bugs, you may be one of the
>> lucky few who are using a combination of the right hardware / not using a
>> lot of the software packages available.  Please, no flames, I'm not
>> working for mickeysoft, it's just the facts.  I'm not going to even touch
>> 8.2 until I'm sure that enough errata are addressed.
>
>OK.  No flames here...but I am kind of fuzzy on one or two points.  One
>thing is that since you've stated that you haven't loaded 8.2 as yet,
>where exactly are you getting the information that it was released "with
>quite a few bugs?"  "Facts".....from where?
>
>Got url?

yeah, www.mandrake.com ; sign up on the cooker list and follow
developement ;-)

<snip>
>This all seperate examples from the last time I checked.  Oh
>yeah.....I'm monitoring this shit REAL close.
>
>So pardon me...but given the fact that there's M$ cloak-and-dagger
>asassins about plus several billion dollars of bribe money burning a
>hole in Be-Gay's pocket AND a M$ antitrust DOJ trial in progress, I'm
>REAL REAL skeptical of ANY bad press on LM82 right now.

Hey, I really don't care what you do! ; I think supporting Mandrake is a
great idea!  Go reserve your powerpak and help the company along - they
desparately need it right now!

As far as the tone in that last paragraph of yours though, it reads like a
cheap novel!  That type of stuff is always going on to one degree or
another; talk like that however, makes it sounds like we're all a bunch of
nuts!  This is the "Expert" list and I would think that most people who
are subscribed are already linux users (in which case, my "opinion"
wouldn't sway them anyway) or they're just really into getting *a LOT* of
extra email everyday?!  At any rate, 8.2 does have quite a few bugs and if
you don't mind that, or you're not doing anything mission critical, by all
means, install it!  Patches should be available shortly. (or since you're
an expert, you can fix 'em yourself)

Have a great day!
Mike

--
Michael & Tracy Holt
Kirkland, WA                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]