On Sunday, Apr 07, 2002, sda wrote:

> > I disagree. Read the GPL. I don't want the money that I have given to
> > Mandrake to go towards adverstising in a big way. I believe that some of
> > the best things come from less than fully commercial sources. Public TV and
> > radio is an example, and I don't mind contributing to those also.
> > Personally, I started donating money to Mandrake last year before the
> > creation of "The Club". I have since joined just to help them out
> > finacially.
>
> Why should I re-read the GPL? What has that got to do with the points
> you're making?
>
> If you mean the source has to be provided, that can be accomplished
> quite easily without providing free and easy access to the _current_ .iso.

NOT providing free and easy access to the _current_ .iso is about the
biggest violation you can make to the GPL.  And changing to a different
license will go against everything MandrakeSoft stands for and will
never happen.

--
Paul Cox <paul at coxcentral dot com>
Kernel: 2.4.18-6mdksecure  -  Uptime: 5 days 11 hours 4 minutes.