On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 13:12 -0500, J. Craig Woods wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Why you don't forget M$ Word and try with OpenOffice or Staroffice 6.0?
> >
> >Francisco Alcaraz
> >Murcia (Spain)
> >

> The Spaniard is RIGHT ON....
>
> Free yourself from the shackles of servitude, break away from the billy
> gang, liberate you soul from the world of micro$oft. Do it now before it
> is too late....

Yes, wunderful, right. But let's be realistic.

If you are in your own home/office you may use whatever wordprocessor you
like. When you are in business or working in a corporate environment M$
Office is still the standard. If you want to share documents with other
companies by ways apart from printouts you have to comply to the
standard. Not because the standard is better quality but because you
don't want to have your customers or business partners on the phone
complaining they can't read your calculations or documents.

You can use StarOffice, OpenOffice or Abiword or what ever as long as
these programs produce documents readable by M$ Office.

If these programs can import a word doc and - after editing - export it
into M$ Word without any loss of format, then I will happily switch to
the Linux Office World.

It's the same with motorcars. If I find a gas station where I can get
alternative fuels everywhere I will at once buy a car with alternative
motor. Until then I'll have to buy a car which runs on gasoline.

wobo
--
Registered Linux User 228909       Powered By Mandrake Linux 8.1
PDAs? Laptops? Linux? UnddasallesineinemWort? http://www.xtops.de !