On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:54:28 +0200
Wolfgang Bornath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snippage>
> If these programs can import a word doc and - after editing - export it
> into M$ Word without any loss of format, then I will happily switch to
> the Linux Office World.
SO has been able to do this AT LEAST since version 5.0.  I do it all the
time working in an M$ environment and using Linux for te last three years.
 No one has ever complained about being unable to open a document I have
sent them in .doc or Excel format from SO.

Mike

--
"You can search the brain with a microscope and not find the mind;
you can search the heavens with a telescope and not find God."