On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 15:26 -0400, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:54:28 +0200 Wolfgang Bornath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Not because the standard is better quality but because you
> > don't want to have your customers or business partners on the phone
> > complaining they can't read your calculations or documents.
>
> Then why, when M$ comes out with the next version which has
> features/changes intended to force others to upgrade, would you accept
> their "standard"?  If the new version is not compatible with your
> "customers or business partners" cuz they're still on the previous
> version; how do you justify moving forward to the next M$ version... using
> your same arguments...?

It used to be the way things go: As soon as M$ launched a new Office
version the reports started coming in "We use Office X.X now and we have
problems with your documents. When will you upgrade?" And the boss says
"Why didn't we upgrade yet?".

I don't know who starts this every time and again. There must be a bunch
of corporations which upgrade their whole office software as soon as the
new version is out. And from there it spreads very fast all over the
world.

In our time of global networks and corporations nobody is an island any
more where you can do as you like.

wobo
--
Registered Linux User 228909       Powered By Mandrake Linux 8.1
PDAs? Laptops? Linux? UnddasallesineinemWort? http://www.xtops.de !