On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 18:31, daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> true...but we're the ones that put those "people" in office and we can
> just as easily put them out of office as well. one man/woman, one vote and
> the next thing ya know no more M$ butt-kissin lackies. know what I mean?
>
> --
> daRcmaTTeR

Very good point.  One that I was about to make in this thread somewhere,
but you beat me to it.

It's vitally important that the middle class take up arms against
politicians that are restricting our freedoms both in the computer
marketplace and in the world at large.  That means that we all need to
be aware of the legislation that is currently being generated and that
is being voted on.

For instance, is anyone aware of a secret vote that took place recently,
(initiated by the democrats) that would take local real estate
development decision making out of the hands of local people and into
the hands of the federal government?  Well, I guess that's a dumb
question, cause how could anybody be aware of it if it was a secret
vote?

It's against the law to have secret congressional votes.  That's why
they announced the location of the secret meeting to the press after the
vote was over with.  Wait a minute...they still broke the law then.
Well...I guess they can get away with it since the dems do that kind of
stuff all the time.

The point to this is, if you do not become alert to what is going on in
Congress, then they are going to pass whatever they want to pass.  If
you do not protest the violation of laws by lawmakers, then they will
break those laws whenever they want.

You cannot rely on information from television anymore.  It is
controlled by the liberals.  Fox news is a possible exception; however I
personally recommend talk radio shows as your primary source of
information.  Laura Ingram, Drudge Report, and G. Gordon Liddy are good
starting points.  Realplayer can put you in touch with those guys; try
WTAW out of College Station, Texas.

A group movement where interested individuals promote activism is a good
starting point.  Hell, this list is a good starting point.  I like
talking about Mandrake technical stuff as much as the next guy; but if
you don't protect your right to do so first and foremost, you might end
up in jail sometime in the future when the SPA comes knocking at your
door.

Join the EFF.  Listen to talk radio.  Stay in touch.

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1