On Tue, 14 May 2002 18:02:12 -0500, Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> And ... I believe it's not quite time to upgrade an AMD
> system till the Thorobreds come out.

Are the Thoroughbreds really that good? From what I have read, they are not much
more than Palomino cores shrunk down to 0.09 microns. If you want a cache
improvement, you'll have to wait for Barton, which is due to be released
(according to AMD's roadmap) very close to Hammer-time (sorry -- Opteron-time).
Clock speeds won't increase by very much, but I'm sure the shrunken die will
make overclocking a bit safer.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                Jennifer Lopez = "JLo" (pron: "Jay-Low").
                Bill Gates = "BGa" (pron: "Be-Gay").