The question I'd have on this thread is:  For none high end applications
is it worth it to be on the edge?  1.0 of anything is usually not good.
I also think about things like nics (I've fried a few) etc.  Whereas a
Linksys or Netgear can be bought for 15 bucks in the US it scares me to
think that I could lose a mobo cause my nic went down.  For personal use
and for High reliability, I really like to stay one step behind the
curve.  Wait till the bug fix version comes out.  (very important if you
are buying closed source software!) Am I alone in this attitude?

James