Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> So you've got a mouse that communicates at 150 bytes/sec on a bus that
> has been RL evaluated at 5.7 Megabytes/sec; that's 38,000 times more
> bandwidth than the mouse requires.  This is an invalid evaluation
> however, because I still don't know how fast you can type. ;)

But, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that, for example, each byte
requires a context switch in the processor, that requires, for example,
putting 1000 bytes on the stack before processing each byte, and taking
those 1000 bytes off the stack afterwards, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not saying that's the case -- I don't know.  It's just that I have
been surprised sometimes at how slow things can be despite a fast
processor, and finding out some of the reasons for the slowness.

Enquiring minds want to know (more)! ;-)

Randy Kramer