How good are the integrated devices on these boards, compared to the ones you
can buy as add-in PCI cards? Tom's reviews never seem to give them much
attention. How do they perform? Do they tax the CPU any more than a standalone
card would? I am interested in getting a board with integrated sound and
ethernet. I would like the board to have at least 4 IDE interfaces (not
channels) so I can give an entire interface to each of my devices. How well do
the features of these boards work in Linux?

Based on these, can anyone make a board recommendation? I don't want to spend
too much money, and that is the reason why I'm going for integrated peripherals.
They need to be decent, though.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                The only intuitive interface is a nipple.
                        After that, it's all learned.