020928 various people wrote:
> the eject button is ignored until I log out of KDE:
> only then I get my disk back. It seems the unmounting part is not working?
---
> This is a KDE issue.
---
> I've installed "winblows replacement" systems for friends using KDE
> and seen the mount problems.  Esp with copy protected games, eg Diablo 2.
> I run Enlightenment with KDE application support,
> so I can run a "better" gui and still use all the neat KDE apps.
> And without the mount problems.  ;)

ok, i don't know what 'supermount' is, but i would never u/mount a CD w KDE.
i have  2  lines in  ~/.bashrc

  alias mcd='mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom; cd /mnt/cdrom'
  alias ucd='cd; umount /mnt/cdrom; eject'

and simply use the Konsole CLI to do the job.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]