I've got a good .iso download of all three disk (md5sum says that they're
all fine, according to the md5sums.90 file that is provided).  However,
disk 2 appears to have a bit too much information on it.  My CD burner is
an older one that won't burn 700M disks - only the older 650M disks.  And
Easy CD Creator 5 Pro says that there's about 680M of data in that ISO
file.

Needless to say, I end up with an unusable disk 2 as a result of this.  Any
chance that Mandrake can issue new versions of those ISO files, distributed
a bit differently?  Disk 3 only has about a bit more than 400M of data in
it, so some of the files could be put there, perhaps....?

I've got a dead system here as a result of a bad upgrade (because "upgrade
packages" didn't even tell me that there was a problem - I just got to the
end and it sayd that there was an error and that needed rpm files hadn't
been loaded.  It wasn't until I wiped my system and did an install from
scratch that I got messages about each rpm file (and there were quite a few
of them) as the error occurred.  Unfortunately, this doesn't do much for me
fixing the problem.  And as the web site is only announcing "pre order," it
doesn't sound like I'm going to find it in the stores.  WHY did they create
an ISO file that's going to burn a disk bigger than 650M?  They got it
right up to the 8.2 release....

                --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!