David Guntner wrote on Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 02:16:45AM -0700 :

> I cannot *begin* to express how unhappy I am with whichever rocket
> scientist decided that it would be a good idea to package up a .iso file
> that produces a CD larger than 650 Meg.

I cannot *begin* to tell you how many people complained because on the
650 MB isos "this is missing" or "that is missing".  It far outnumbers
the complaints of "this is too big because <insert reason>".

> Do you have any ideas for how I can make a CD that the install routine will
> like?  What should have been a simple upgrade for me is really turning into
> the ordeal from hell, rapidly.  If you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear
> them...

Install and say you only have CD1 and CD3.  After the install is done,
copy CD2 to your hard drive and then install the stuff you want from
that.

There is always a way to do it.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
 anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my binaries, and you