On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:19:01 -0700
"David Guntner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got a good .iso download of all three disk (md5sum says that they're
> all fine, according to the md5sums.90 file that is provided).  However,
> disk 2 appears to have a bit too much information on it.  My CD burner is
> an older one that won't burn 700M disks - only the older 650M disks.  And
> Easy CD Creator 5 Pro says that there's about 680M of data in that ISO
> file.

That's the way it is.

> Needless to say, I end up with an unusable disk 2 as a result of this.  Any
> chance that Mandrake can issue new versions of those ISO files, distributed
> a bit differently?  Disk 3 only has about a bit more than 400M of data in
> it, so some of the files could be put there, perhaps....?

well, if you know how to extract files from an ISO image, then maybe you
could make one for yourself.. try extracting all content from the second CD,
delete 50 MB of files you are positive you will not need, and then burn that.
( of course your self-made second CD won't be bootable anymore. but at least you
can use it for the install)

HTH

Damian
--
boot into windows?
what has smashing glass with footwear got to do with Operating systems?