et wrote on Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 11:54:00AM -0400 :
> On Saturday 05 October 2002 05:02 am, you wrote:
> > You are right, but I use CD-RW to burn MDK ISOs and 700 MB CD-RW are not
> > cheap.
> >
> > Olaf
> mind if I ask, just 'cause I never thought about it before, what the
> advantage would be of using rw?

Able to reburn as each new iso in the beta series comes out.

There's also some disadvantages.  Most regular CDRom drives that I've
come across are more sensitive to CDRW than CDR discs.  If the drive is
a burner, it seems to handle either one the same.  If the drive is a
DVD, it seems to be ok with either one.  But if the drive is just a
CDRom, strange things happen, usually inconsistent.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because