Charlie grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> Please have a look at the relevant manufacturer's site for revisions before
> you have any more trouble. The updated firmware for my burner was
> specifically for newer media. As in larger. Under Windows of course.

Just to follow up:  I did some Google searching and came across a message
board with messages dated back in 2001 (mid-to-late).  A lot of discussion
going on, but the main jist of it was that the drive doesn't support 700M
media - only 650M.  It sounds like HP had no intention at that time of
doing anything to enable it; it would appear that they would have much
rather you buy a newer drive.  Joy.  And I'm so so so so amazingly broke
right now that a new CD burner purchase is pretty much out of the question.
<sigh>

I wish I know who the rocket scientist at Mandrake was that decided ISOs
that create CDs larger than 650M was a good idea, so that I could thank him
with a large brick. :-(

               --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!