On Friday October 4 2002 02:53 pm, Darin wrote:
> David Guntner wrote:
> > I wish I know who the rocket scientist at Mandrake was that decided
> > ISOs that create CDs larger than 650M was a good idea, so that I
> > could thank him with a large brick. :-(

> Just curious.. Have you been out to buy blank CDs lately?  Not
> meaning any offense here, but I buy 200 or so every other month, and
> its getting quite hard anymore to even find 74 minute blanks.  And,
> if I do find them, the cost difference between them is negligible.
>
> Darin -

    It's also hard to find anything that isn't produced by CMC
Magnetics, or Riteck .... regardless of the brand name they're sold
under. Last exception I can find is FujiFilm brand which are the better
taiyo yuden cdr's.  Seems lately, not only are 650mb cdr's harder to
find than 700's, they're more expensive than 700mb cdr's.

   FWIW, I don't think there's any more people havin problems burnin
Mandrake iso's now than in the past, just a new scapegoat to blame.