Talk about on-topic -- I'm working with bing right now. Unfortunately,
it's giving some very odd results on a DS-3 line, and they're the kind
on non-deterministic odd that makes one think better numbers could be
procured with a hat and some slips of paper...

Works fine on DSL lines and cable modems though. Has anyone used this
successfully on high capacity links?

Please respond off-list and I'll summarize.

Jack

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 10:34, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:

> Hi Alfredo again!
>
>       Never mind my last mail.  I got bing from:
> ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/PLD/current/dists/ra/PLD/i386/PLD/RPMS/bing-1.1.3-1.i386.rpm
>
> Really amazing tool!
>
> Toshiro, thanks for insisting in a such question.
>
> And many thanks for you James.
>
> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Alfredo C. López wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Bing works great! It nice learn something new every day.
> > It informs the speed between two nodes very accurately. Very very cool.
> > Thanks James!
> >

> > ALF
> > PS: I compiled it from the sources coming from Suse (search in rpmpbone for
> > bing). I think you need at least Mandrake 8.2 to compile it.
> > In a Mandrake 7.2 I couldn't make it work. (something missing about sockets)
> >

> > El Jue 10 Oct 2002 02:42, James Sparenberg escribió:
> > > Took me a day or two to find my notes... Bing... may be the answer for
> > > what you want it can tell you the bandwith throughput for any two points
> > > on the net or on your lan.  It's easy to use (just like ping) and it
> > > works.
> > >
> > > James
> > >
> > > http://web.cnam.fr/reseau/bing.html

> --
> -----------------------
> Alan Wilter S. da Silva
>  Laboratório de Física Biológica
>   Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
>    Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
>     Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
>

> ----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com