Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I kind of understand what you are saying here. It does make sense. And, Yes, I saw the root being logged out at the shell prompt after a certain period of inactivity.

So, Does that mean, this same principle is also applied to the Mandrake Control Center? ....meaning, I open the Mandrake Control Center in the night and close it. And, leave the computer as it is throughout the night. I try to open Mandrake Control centrer in the morning and it would ask me for the root password ! Would it?

--Sandeep