Pierre Fortin wrote:
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:39:08 +1000 Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Yes, you must 'loop mount' the ISO images, then you can copy out all the

files and get the tree back.

That can't be all... that gives a tree with Mandrake/{RPMS,RPMS2,RPMS3}
which is what got us in the pickle we're in -- 3 sets of files already
separated into the CD images... I've tried recombining the RPMS*
directories into RPMS...
Yes, put them all in one RPMS

Every attempt at running MakeCD generates TONS of errors:
WARNING scoreList: <package> has zero size
autodeps: ignoring <package>
WARNING buildDisc: group 1 REJECTED <package> (not selected in rpm lists:
)
etc...
There is no scoreList package in the 9.0 tree (which zero size might be trying to tell you), so you have gone off the rails somewhere. You have only quoted warnings, not errors.

A normal good run of MakeCD generates pages and pages of messages and warnings, yes. Nevertheless the resulting CDs are good.

Back to the "number of CDs" issue:  I've only got a few hours before
making that trip...  If I can't get 9.0 on CDs, I may just say "fsck it!"
and wait for 9.1 in the hopes the false-economy issue has been revisited
by saner heads...
I don't recall, but what was the problem with burning the ISO image files that you apparently have on to 700MB blanks?

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
troels... now updated to use sunet.se server.