hi,
in a sysadmin-book  I've read, that with kernel 2.4 the "iptables"
should be used.

now I have done a lookup with lsmod and have seen, that there was NO
iptables but an ipchains.
then I have done a rmmod ipchains and was trying at first a modprobe
iptables. the answer was " there is no iptables-modul",
then I tried it again with insmod iptables, but got this here :
[root@jojobaer /]# insmod iptables
insmod: iptables: no module by that name found

Now I was looking with locate iptables and have found it in
"/sbin/iptables".

Is there no module available, called "iptables" for mdk 8.2 ? and what
is this prog "/sbin/iptables" ?
how to use it ?

am sorry about my bloody questions, but have never done a job with
masquerading and firewalls - so these are my first steps with it.
right now I'm understanding only "moon" of about all these things. hope,
anybody can help me here !!!!

thanks in advance
bye hans