I have not yet messed with wireless on Mandrake.  However, with Red Hat, I remeber having better luck downloading the latest pcmcia code from the developers. Red Hat's scripts etc. were different enough, that I could never figure out what combination of /etc/init.d/network /etc/init.d/pcmcia would actually bring the card up and  try to dhcp for an address etc.  I took a quick gander at /etc/pcmcia/network and it looks like Red Hat's script.  I specifically says under the "start" case statement option that it takes care of the wireless network somewhere else.  There are probably lots of people who can get it to work the "red hat" way, but you might want to try replacing the pcmcia rpm install with a tar install from the developers.

just a thought.

Dave Seff wrote:
I always go with linksys for my networing and wireless needs. I haven't
come across a device that wasn't supported under Linux.

-Dave