I'm glad to hear that someone was able to get it to work with the default ML
install. I wasn't so lucky. I have finally managed to get it to work after 3
fresh installs of ML 9 plus I had to d/l and install the orinoco drivers
since I wasn't able to get the orinoco drivers that came with ML 9 to
install. Plus I tried my hand at recompiling the kernel to include the
orinoco drivers (which didn't help, obviously, even though the PC booted up
with the new kernel). Anyway, I got it working with the help of iwconfig and
Linuxconf and MCC->Network&Internet. Now, I have to figure out which file(s)
to store the config info so that it'll work on the next boot.

I hope that I will remember all this if I have to install or reinstall the OS.

BTW, why isn't there a .../pcmcia-3.x.x directory in ML 8.2 and 9.0 like
there was in ML 8.1? Also, according to the PCMCIA-HOWTO, there's suppose to
be a utility script called "probe" in a /cardmgr directory to help in
determining the PCIC - I can't find the utility or the directory. Actually I
did find a script named probe but it had something to do with NetCat.

With this kind of trouble, I can see why Linux hasn't made it into the
mainstream (as far as the desktop market goes).