On Sunday 10 November 2002 07:25 pm, Jim Tarvid wrote:
> I must admit to cheating a bit, I bought an Orinoco for this purpose.
>
> Using MCC, I changed the SSID and set the device to channel 6 and
> connected to my AP instantly.
>
> If I had read enough, I am sure I would have screwed it up.
>
> Which is why we need a repository of things that work as well as a
> list of questionable installations and configurations.

One reason for the existence of WikiLearn is to allow you (everybody,
anybody) to create / contribute to such a repository.

Why don't you try starting a page named something like
OrinocoWirelessCard on WikiLearn -- go to:

http:/twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/OrinocoWirelessCard

Then click on "create" -- you will have to register and will have to
know your name, makeup a WikiName and password, and specify your
country. ;-)

Type in whatever you think is useful.  Formatting is easy and you may
learn all you need by viewing the page, but it can be dealt with later,
either by me, you, or somebody else -- the only thing I'd ask is that
you separate paragraphs with a blank line.

Feel free to come up with a better page name -- I haven't followed this
thread and there was some guesswork in my suggestion.

regards,
Randy Kramer