On 12 Nov 2002 09:36:09 +0000, you wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 02:22, Gary wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just changed the video card to a nVidia NV11 (gforce 2 mx) 32mb and trying
>> to install avifile.
>> Could anyone who has installed avifile with this card let me know what files
>> you installed on Mdk9.
>>
>> [root@sandy avifile-cooker]# rpm -i avifile-player-0.7.18-1mdk.i586.rpm
>> error: failed dependencies:
>>         libfontconfig.so.1   is needed by avifile-player-0.7.18-1mdk
>> [root@sandy avifile-cooker]# rpm -i libfontconfig1-2.0-4mdk.i586.rpm
>> error: failed dependencies:
>>         fontconfig >= 2.0 is needed by libfontconfig1-2.0-4mdk
>> [root@sandy avifile-cooker]# rpm -i fontconfig-2.0-4mdk.i586.rpm
>> error: failed dependencies:
>>         libfontconfig.so.1   is needed by fontconfig-2.0-4mdk
>>
>> Now am I or it confused??
>
>This can happen with rpm (dependency hell). Make sure your urpm sources
>are correctly set up and do a "urpmi avifile-player" and let it sort it
>all out for you.
>
>Alternatively you can install all 3 packages at once "rpm -i pkg1 pkg2
>pkg3"

I did a rpm -i *fontconfig* to install the packages and that worked fine.
The aviplayer would not run.
Now I carnt remove these packages.
Reinstalling the old packages gives the following when trying to run aviplay.
[root@sandy avifile-mdk9]# aviplay
aviplay: relocation error: /usr/lib/libqavm-0.7.so.0: undefined symbol:
static_QUType_varptr
Any ideas on how to fix this?
I think it was a bad idea getting a nvidia card as all worked fine before
then.

Thanks
Gary.