On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:32:52 +1100
Gary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did a rpm -i *fontconfig* to install the packages and that worked
> fine. The aviplayer would not run.
> Now I carnt remove these packages.
> Reinstalling the old packages gives the following when trying to run
> aviplay.[root@sandy avifile-mdk9]# aviplay
> aviplay: relocation error: /usr/lib/libqavm-0.7.so.0: undefined
> symbol: static_QUType_varptr
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
> I think it was a bad idea getting a nvidia card as all worked fine
> before then.

The video card has nothing to do with the problem.

/usr/lib/libqavm-0.7.so.0 is provided by libavifile0.7-0.7.18.
So you still have it installed instead of -16.

All the 'new' pkgs must be removed before the others will work.

Do: urpmi -e libavifile
That should remove it and all pkgs which depend upon it.
Do the same for libfontconfig/fontconfig if you still have the Cooker
version of it installed.
Then, if you have added a 9.0 Contrib to your sources do:
urpmi avifile-player
This should install the player and the needed depends.

If you receive errors when uninstalling/installing copy/paste the error
to next post.

    Charles

The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal His gold
teeth.
(Colour of Magic)
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]