On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:57:57 -0500, you wrote:

>The video card has nothing to do with the problem.
>
>/usr/lib/libqavm-0.7.so.0 is provided by libavifile0.7-0.7.18.
>So you still have it installed instead of -16.
>
>All the 'new' pkgs must be removed before the others will work.
>
>Do: urpmi -e libavifile
>That should remove it and all pkgs which depend upon it.
>Do the same for libfontconfig/fontconfig if you still have the Cooker
>version of it installed.
>Then, if you have added a 9.0 Contrib to your sources do:
>urpmi avifile-player
>This should install the player and the needed depends.
>
>If you receive errors when uninstalling/installing copy/paste the error
>to next post.
>

>    Charles

Hi Charles,

The 32mb nvidia card was on loan to see if it was worth upgrading to a new
video card. I've got my old S3 4mb 3d card back in and all is working fine
again.
I used midnight commander to look inside the rpm's to see what libraries were
installed. Manually removed the .18 libraries and links and reinstalled .16.

Any opinions on a good video card that doesn't use the nvidia chipset, dual
head and tvout  would be nice if cheep enough.
I'm not interested in playing gamed on it.

Tanks
Gary.