On Thursday 19 December 2002 05:00, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> On Thursday 19 December 2002 02:31 am, Guy Van Sanden wrote:
> > That is very strange...
> > Although I use Evolution, both my wife and my mother are running Kmail,
> > my wife has to see a crash yet.
> > My mother did have prolbems with the kmail package build by SuSE (it was
> > the KDE 3.0.4 upgrade).  The RPM's from the KDE site worked fine
> > however.
>
> Yes.  I have tried other mail clients and have always gone back to Kmail.
> It has never ever crashed on me or given me any problems.  I have also used
> pine, evolution (yuck...and no way to order mail by date?), mozilla mail,
> and sylpheed (pretty good).
>
> Something is not right with your system or rpm build, not the software
> (Kmail) per se.
>
> praedor

Didn't the original poster say that he had a large number of IMAP accounts?
I have only 2 imap accounts and I find it trivial to crash kmail while it is
communicating with the imap server.
If I make sure to let one imap operations finish before starting the next, it
is rather stable, but if I accidentally give 2 imap operations in a row, it
is very likely that kmail crashes.

Narfi.