On Sat Jan 25, 2003 at 03:33:01PM -0800, Dave Laird wrote:

> > Actually, speaking of which, has anyone used 4.x at all?  Any initial
> > reactions to it compared to 3.x?
>
> I set it up on one of my internal systems last weekend, and the only
> conclusions I have reached, thus far, are thus:
>
> 1. Without doing any *real* certification or testing, my impression is that it
> is faster than the 3.xx version I currently am running in production.

I've heard it's supposed to run faster, but never saw any benchmarks.
Faster is better... =)

> 2. Having a functional rollover that I can code into applications (that
> actually appears to be working) is really nice.

Slick... =)

> 3. Thus far it is working nicely using a set of normalized 10,000 record
> tables.
>
> Every once in awhile I kick it to see if it still works, but other than that,
> after the shambles today, I haven't really had the time to experiment
> further. However, I'll post my impressions once I really get my feet wet with
> it.

Looking forward to seeing it.  So the MySQL team considers 4.x stable
now?  Do they recommend using it over 3.x?

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"