On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm running LM 9.0, mozilla RPM 1.1-10mdk.  Up until yesterday, mozilla was
> working fine, as was the mozila mail client.
>
> Now when I try to start either program, there is a 2-3 second delay while it
> looks like it's starting, and then the process just dies.  I don't get any
> error messages or dialogue boxes.  Root is able to start Mozilla, but I can't
> figure out what I have to change/fix to get it running again as a regular
> user.
>
> I haven't installed any software recently, or changed system settings that I
> can recall.  Any ideas what could be causing this?

Try moving your ~/.mozilla directory to another filename temporarily.
Restart mozilla. If it starts this time it's probably a preferences
or plugin problem. You can then either move your bookmarks file to the
new .mozilla or try disabling plugins or themes until it starts working
again.

You can also try strace'ing the browser by running:
   strace mozilla 2>&1 |tee outfile

from a shell. This will produce a lot of output but the last few pages
might give an idea of what's going wrong. This helped me find a problem
with the sound server that was hanging mozilla. Yup, Flash was trying to
initialize the sound server but I had disabled it a few days earlier.