> I starting having this exact trouble with my Visor Deluxe when I
> upgraded to 9.0 (it worked beautifully on 8.1 every time).  I have
> disabled devfs, there's no kpilotd running, and syncing is still
> unreliable.

Following up with what Mark was saying I went to the pilot link
homepage, and with much further discussion, I see they are touting
their 0.11.7 tarball and rpm. Apparently, they found some bugs, and I
am wondering if that is what is my problem.

I found 0.11.7 as pilot-link-0.11.7-1mdk.i586.rpm which is currently
in the cooker.

I also find that this rpm and the source code are requiring libc.so.6,
part of the glibc 2.3 package, so I attempted to install it as an
rpm:

# rpm -Uvh glibc-2.3.1-7mdk.i586.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        initscripts < 6.91-18mdk conflicts with glibc-2.3.1-7mdk
        glibc = 2.2.5 is needed by locales-2.3.1.3-7mdk
        glibc = 2.2.5 is needed by locales-2.3.1.3-7mdk
        glibc = 2.2.5-16mdk is needed by glibc-devel-2.2.5-16mdk

initscripts is just what it sounds like, and I am not sure if I want
to mess with it. I am not sure what locales is, as I have not heard
of that package or its importance.

I am asking the assembled, should I force the installation of glibc?
Should I just keep the upgrade going, upgrading initscripts and
locales? Or should I wait for 9.1 to come out, and hope that the
package pilot-link 0.11.7 is on it? Or should I continue pounding
away, even if others are having a bad time with it?

I have also been unsucessfully messing with the 2.4.20 kernel, and I
have noted that there is something in the USB drivers about slow
connecting USB devices. Maybe the Visor is one? And I wonder if the
2.4.19-16mdk kernel has it configured for slow devices?

Rob
Grasshopper in the linux world.

--
Rob Blomquist
Kirkland, WA

On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux and
lived
happily ever after.