This is the exact text:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] diggy10]$ smbpasswd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the password change: Error was : RAP86: The specified password is invalid.
Failed to change password for diggy10
[EMAIL PROTECTED] diggy10]$

WHY ohhh WHY is samba so damn hard lol =)

Cheers

Jason

PS, shouldn't some of this shite be automatic?? I mean why not autodetect this kinda stuff on the LAN like Winders does?? I mean we're using a crappy MS protocol already, why does samba act this way?? Some kinda network autodetection and authentication tool should be provided....

Jason Greenwood wrote:
Yup, I tried that too....

This is what it says:

machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the password change : Error was RAP86 : the specified password is invalid

WTF??

Cheers

Jason

David Rankin wrote:

Wait, Wait, Wait....

You don't need to disable the samba password. The way it works is to just
make sure the windows password ('95 OSR2 and beyond) is the same as the samba
password. The windows login (user name) should be the same as the unix and
samba username. Just make it simple. The unix, samba and windows logins and
passwords should be the same.