> (a) Ran fsck.ext2 on my / and it complained that the superblock is bad.
> Ran it again with the alternate superblock (8193) and fixed a whole lot
> of problems (incorrect ref counts, etc.). Still no booting, get the same
> INIT messages

I had the same problem over and over again with the default ext3 format. I
even went so far as to buy a new HD. Then it happened with that one. So I
reformatted my drives with a mixture of XFS, ext2, and ReiserFS, and I have
not had a problem yet.

I say watch out for ext3. It may give headaches to some of us.

Rob
--

Linux: For the people, by the people.