On Sunday 15 June 2003 10:14 am, Rolf Pedersen wrote:
> stefmit wrote:
> > I am making one last attempt with the great hope that someone, somewhere
> > has figured this libraries issue out. Almost any program coming with
> > libraries slightly different version than MDK ones fails to install,
> > regardless of what I attempt to do. Last example is qtopia's RPM, which I
> > NEED like air, for my Zaurus, but which install (unlike 9.0) breaks now
> > in MDK9.1, with the following message:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] utilities]# urpmi qtopia-desktop-1.6.1-1.i386.rpm
> > installing qtopia-desktop-1.6.1-1.i386.rpm
> >
> > Installation failed:
> >         libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 is needed by qtopia-desktop-1.6.1-1
>
> For this one:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] rolf]$ urpmf libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
> dockingstation:/usr/games/dockingstation/games/dockingstation/libstdc++-lib
>c6.1-2.so.3
> dockingstation:/usr/games/dockingstation/libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] rolf]$ urpmq --sources dockingstation
> /dockingstation-195.64-1.i386.rpm
>
> When I get this sort of output, it means the package is on a Club source
> and I have to be root to see the full url, which includes a password.
> If you are not a Club member, you could try searching on dockingstation
> or the library at rpmfind.net.
>
> Rolf
> [..]

Thank you for your suggestion. I know this may solve one spcific problem, but
I not only mentioned a couple of programs, but rather was very much
interested in resolving library issues in general. If the only solution would
be to install every time another program (or others) which MAY be bundled
with the missing library(ies) for the ones I need, then it sounds very ...
Microsoft-like (install IE to be able to run dir ... ;)). There has to be a
better way ... I hope ...

Stef