> Tnx Rob,I put the $ in front thats why I got confused, nothing usefull ,
> just the finding the device and max length. the it fails ..

Bummer. That's a good way to see most programs work and fail.

Have you run K3B Setup again? And make sure that *everything" reinitializes? I
also went the extra step of seeing that *all* the associated programs were
found. I looked up which rpms were required for which programs, and then
found the mandrake versions on the install CDs with urpmi.

Comments on K3B setup:
In the beginning, I had some problems with using the auto setting for the
cdrdao driver. I was seeing an error message and now I am using the
generic-mmc without a hitch, I have also checked "supports burnfree' , "CD/
RW drive" and "Supports DAO writing".

Have you allowed yourself rights to use the CDRW? are you in the CDwriter
group? Are the mount locations as you expect them? Are the devices as they
should be?

Is your CDRW drive hooked up properly?

Good luck.

Rob