Am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2003 16:47 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 22 Jun 2003 3:40 pm, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > k3b is running without probs here. Two possibilities:
> >
> > 1) you are using gnome as primary windowmanager (I have seen that
> > it can make problems)
>
> No.
>
> > 2) you have not configured the right driver inside k3b. The value
> > "auto" makes sometimes problems on some system. generic-mmc should
> > be safe for nearly all drives.
>
> I'm a bit busy just now, but in a few days I'll have another look at
> it, and report back just what problems I see.
>
> > k3b 0.9 as far as I have seen uses now too more the newer cdrecord
> > tools. I dislike xcdroast for its old-style look and the not
> > intuitive usage.
>
> The look doesn't bother me, and I soon got used to the way it works.
>
> > And I like the new PBC feature, since I have a
> > digital tv card and a digital camcorder ;)
>
> PBC?  What's that?  I'm about to get a tv card, so I'd like to know.
>
> Anne

PlayBackControl. => Navigation in SVCDs. This is usefull if you want to have
more then one track on a vcd. You can define which track will be the
next/previous which action the play button should take and which the return
button. Whats currently missing for full support of this is the definition of
number buttons ( a still picture in the beginning and you can press 1 for the
first track, 2 for the next and so on) . Further with some self written
scripts it can be possible to master some video-cd-slide-show cd's (slideshow
with a standalone-dvd player on tv). Another good burn app as I heard is
arson (too an kde app)

Steffen
(its not that I want to missionate people to use k3b, nut i like the app ;)