charlie wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:23 pm, Colin Close had this to contribute :-

richard bown wrote:

Hi
has anyone on the list had experience of setting up K3b, I can burn data
files but not audio.
selecting audio project reports no cdrd driver found when a burn is
started, yet its found when data file are burnt.

TIA

richard bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,
        I had this problem the fix was to run the k3b setup program from my
user login. The config did not seem to "take" when I did it as root
after the install. This prog does seem pretty buggy to me; if you start
an audio project for example and select mp3 files after you have
selected them there is no way to refer back to what you have selected.
Still it does work for me.

Colin Close

I have to admit that surprises me, but then it occurred to me that something I forgot to mention in that post, being that I don't use supermount. That has been removed and therefore I don't mount the CD or CD drive. Just pop in the CD, then su - in the shell and k3b and we have liftoff.

I don't know if this makes any difference, I only mention it because supermount in Mandrake affects my system in so many detrimental ways that it boggles my mind, and can't explain why it does this. The minute that I disable it, it seems that Linux was written for the two systems that I run here at home and also systems of friends that I help with Linux distro's of one kind or another. It is nothing that I do otherwise, as I am only just over 12 months new to Linux.

So maybe k3b runs differently under supermount guidance?

Charlie.

Not here. I have supermount and it works fine.

Larry